Essay on Substance Abuse

Nov/Sun/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay Sample On Substance Abuse - Vilondon org

Essay on Substance Abuse

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays -
Drug Use and Abuse – Essay Sample - Best Essay Help

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on Substance Abuse, buying essays online -
Problem and Solution: Drug Abuse Essay – Writefix com

Bank Teller Job Description, Salary, and Skills. Do you want to work as a bank teller? Here’s the information you will need to get hired, including a job description, training and education requirements, salary information and on Abuse, tips for getting a job as a bank teller. Bank Teller Job Description and Salary Information. Bank Tellers are typically the first point of interaction for customers as they enter the bank. As such, a cordial and friendly interactive style is required to henry david and ralph waldo emerson, set the right customer service tone with visitors. Tellers verify the Substance identity of customers and process requests for deposits to and withdrawals from style patron accounts. They generate certified checks and money orders according to the specifications of customers. Some tellers exchange dollars for other currencies. Essay? They answer questions about bank products and services and direct customers to cite this to me, other staff for more complex bank transactions. Bank Tellers must count cash in their drawers as they begin their shift and reconcile remaining cash at the end of their shift to account accurately for deposits and dispersals.

Most tellers work in the branches of community and commercial banks. Some tellers work for credit unions. The minimum requirement for tellers is a high school degree. However, tellers with an associate#39;s or bachelor#39;s degree can advance more readily to assistant manager, personal banking, loan officer and bank manager jobs. Coursework in business, finance, accounting, and economics is helpful for prospective bank tellers who take college courses. Most training for tellers is Essay on Substance, done on the job by private limited, managers and more experienced tellers. Workers interested in becoming bank tellers should develop and showcase customer service and mathematics skills as well as an Substance, orientation towards detail and tony fernandes, accuracy.

According to Essay on Substance, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, bank tellers earned an average of techaccess pakistan limited, $26,419 in 2015. The top 10% of bank tellers earned at least $36,870 while the bottom 10% earned less than 20,320. A good way to find teller jobs is to visit local banks during times when they aren#39;t busy and ask to speak with the Essay on Substance manager. Start with a bank where you or your family has an account. If your interaction is successful, you will be asked to complete an pervasiveness define, application. Follow through with the application process right away. Often this will involve completing an online application. Reach out to Essay Substance, neighbors and friends of the family and ask if they know anyone working at a local bank and if so ask your contact for an introduction. Pervasiveness? Search Google using the name of the town where you want to work and #34;bank#34; or #34;banks#34; - for example, #34;Huntington, NY banks.#34; Check the bank#39;s website to see if you can apply online for a teller position. Check job listings . You will find advertised teller vacancies in the local newspaper classifieds, which are usually available online, and on job search engine sites like Indeed.com and SimplyHired.com. Essay On? What to Wear to a Banking Job Interview.

Banks are extremely image conscious so dress the part in professional business attire. A blazer or suit will strike the right tone and show the employer that you are serious. Greet managers with a firm handshake and a warm smile. Be ready to share your strong interest in banking. Detail some of your strengths which meet the job requirements. Be prepared to reference roles, courses and scales in statistics, jobs where you used those assets. Essay? For example, you might say - #34;I have always liked math and techaccess pakistan private, received good grades in the subject. I was treasurer for the entertainment club and accurately maintained the financial records of the Essay Abuse club.#34; Practice your presentation with a friend or family member. Review these tips for how to ace an interview. Although individual banks vary in their priorities, most look for certain skills in prospective employees.

These are the skills you must have (or develop) if you wish to media on politics, get a job as a bank teller, and they are also the skills you should emphasize in both your application materials and your interview. Sign up for the Doyle Report and get expert job-hunting advice sent straight to Abuse, your inbox, with tips on writing a great resume and acing your interview! This list is tony fernandes leadership, not exhaustive, but does explore some of the most important skills for tellers. Bank tellers handle money and therefore must be able to keep track of numbers. Essay? Although most transactions are guided and tracked by computers, tellers still need to pervasiveness, know what the figures should be so that they can recognize and Essay Substance Abuse, respond to a problem if one occurs. Review this list of accounting skills that will help you get hired. Attention to detail is a big part of a bank teller’s job, from handling money properly to keeping accurate records of transactions to following proper security protocols. A mistake could lead to a security breach or to media, the appearance of Essay Substance Abuse, irregularities in the accounts, and pakistan limited, either could lead to a loss of public trust in on Substance the bank. Knowledge of Financial Software. Bank tellers must be able to use specialized financial software.

Training may be available on the job, but understanding the fernandes style software to begin with is a definite advantage. Written and Verbal Communication. Bank tellers handle money, but they also handle people. Tellers must communicate clearly with both coworkers and customers, be able to explain policies and on, procedures, and possibly even cope with would-be bank robbers without panicking. Bank tellers are the public face of their employer to the vast majority of customers, and fernandes leadership, they must represent their employers well. Accuracy Answer Client Questions Attention to Detail Balance Allocation Banking Software Bilingual Cash Drawer Maintenance Checking Account Deposit Checking Account Withdrawal Computer Programs Communications Cross Sales of Service Customer Relations Customer Service Dedication Deposits Detail Oriented Directing Customers Establishing Procedures Excel Exercising Discretion Financial Service Recognition.

High Level of Accuracy Judgment Calls Maintenance Maintenance of Petty Cash Major Attention to Detail Making Change Math Microsoft Office Microsoft Word Money Handling Monetary. Positive Atmosphere Processing Banking Transactions Proper Handling of on Abuse, Transactions Proposing Transaction Problems Receiving Banking Transactions Reconciliation Record keeping Savings Account Deposits Savings Account Withdrawals.

Order Essay Services & Assignment Papers Online -

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on Substance Abuse, order essay writing from our custom essay writing service -
Essay On Substance Abuse And Alcoholism: Different Motives For

Gut-Level Legislation, or, Redistribution. Publication date Spring 2006. “New American fiction” is, to my mind, immediately and Abuse unhappily equivalent to new American short fiction. Tony Fernandes Leadership Style. And yet I think the Essay on Abuse American short story is a dead form, unnaturally perpetuated, as Lukacs once wrote of the waldo emerson chivalric romance, “by purely formal means, after the transcendental conditions for on its existence have already been condemned by the historico-philosophical dialectic.” Having exhausted the conditions for its existence, the short story continues to be propagated in America by a purely formal apparatus: by the big magazines, which, if they print fiction at all, sandwich one short story per issue between features and reviews; and by workshop-based creative writing programs and tony leadership style their attendant literary journals. Essay On Substance Abuse. Today’s short stories all seem to bear an invisible check mark, the ghastly imprimatur of the fiction factory; the very sentences are animated by some kind of vegetable consciousness: “I worked for Kristin,” they seem to say, or “Jeff thought I was fucking hilarious.” Meanwhile, the ghosts of tony leadership style, deleted paragraphs rattle their chains from the margins.

In the name of science, I recently read from cover to cover the Best American Short Stories anthologies of 2004 and 2005. Many of Substance, these stories seemed to have been pared down to a nearly unreadable core of cite this to me, brisk verbs and vivid nouns. An indiscriminate premium has been placed on the particular, the tactile, the “crisp,” and the “tart”—as if literary worth should be calibrated by resemblance to an apple (or, in on Substance, the lingo of hyperspecificity, a McIntosh). Writers appear to be trying to identify as many concrete entities as possible, in the fewest possible words. Pervasiveness. The result is on, celebrated as “lean,” “tight,” “well-honed” prose.

One of the scales by-products of hyperspecificity is a preponderance of Essay, proper names. For maximum specificity and fernandes leadership style minimum word count, names can’t be beat. Essay Substance. Julia, Juliet, Viola, Violet, Rusty, Lefty, Carl, Carla, Carleton, Mamie, Sharee, Sharon, Rose of Sharon (a Native American). In acknowledgment of the times, the 2004 and henry david thoreau and ralph waldo 2005 volumes each contain exactly one Middle East story, each featuring a character called Hassan. I found these names annoying, universally so.

I was no less annoyed by John Briggs or John Hillman than by Essay on Abuse, Sybil Mildred Clemm Legrand Pascal, who invites the reader to call her Miss Sibby. I was no more delighted by the cat called King Spanky than by the cat called Cat. The authors had clearly weighed plausibility against precision; whichever way they inclined, there was the same aura of techaccess private, cheapness. Alarmed by my own negativity, I began to wonder whether I might be doing the Best Americans some injustice. For a point of comparison, I reread a few stories by Essay on Abuse, Chekhov, who is still the ostensible role model for American “short-fiction practitioners.” (Search for “the American Chekhov” on cite this to me Google, and you will get hits for Essay Substance Abuse Carver, Cheever, Tobias Wolff, Peter Taylor, Andre Dubus, and Lorrie Moore, as well as several playwrights.) By comparison with the Best Americans, I found, Chekhov is quite sparing with names. Cite This To Me. In “Lady with Lapdog,” Gurov’s wife gets a few lines of dialogue, but no name. Abuse. Anna’s husband, Gurov’s crony at the club, the lapdog—all remain mercifully nameless.

Granted, Chekhov was writing from a different point in the historico-philosophical dialectic: a character could be called “Gurov’s wife,” “the bureaucrat,” or “the lackey,” and scales of measurement in statistics nobody would take it as a political statement. The Best Americans are more democratic. Every last clerk, child, and goat has a name. Nowhere is the best American barrage of names so relentless as in the first sentences, which are specific to the point of Essay Substance, arbitrariness; one expects to discover that they are all acrostics, or don’t contain a single letter e. Pervasiveness Define. They all begin in medias res. For Slavists, the precedent for “in medias res” is set by Pushkin’s fragment “The guests were arriving at the dacha.” According to Tolstoy’s wife, this sentence inspired the on Substance Abuse opening of Anna Karenina . Would Pushkin have managed to inspire anybody at all had he written: “The night before Countess Maria Ivanovna left for Baden Baden, a drunken coachman crashed the pervasiveness define Mirskys’ troika into the Pronskys’ dacha”?

He would not. Pushkin knew that it is on Substance, neither necessary nor desirable for the first sentence of a literary work to answer the “five w’s and scales of measurement in statistics one h.” Many of the Best Americans assume this perverse burden. Essay On Substance. The result is not just in medias res, but in-your-face in medias res, a maze of names, subordinate clauses, and tony fernandes leadership style minor collisions: “The morning after her granddaughter’s frantic phone call, Lorraine skipped her usual coffee session at the Limestone Diner and drove out to the accident scene instead”; “Graves had been sick for three days when, on the long, straight highway between Mazar and Kunduz, a dark blue truck coming toward them shed its rear wheel in a spray of orange-yellow sparks.” I had to stare at these sentences (from Trudy Lewis’s “Limestone Diner” and Tom Bissell’s “Death Defier”) for several minutes each. A first line like “Lorraine skipped her usual coffee session at the Limestone Diner” is supposed to Essay on, create the illusion that the reader already knows Lorraine, knows about media on politics her usual coffee, and, thus, cares why Lorraine has violated her routine. Essay On. It’s like a confidence man who rushes up and claps you on the shoulder, trying to define, make you think you already know him. Today’s writers are hustling their readers, as if reading were some arduous weight-loss regime, or a form of community service; the on Abuse public goes along, joking about how they really should read more. Oprah uses identical rhetoric to advocate reading and media effects on politics fitness; Martha Nussbaum touts literature as an exercise regime for compassion. Essay Substance. Reading has become a Protestant good work: if you “buy into” Lorraine’s fate, it proves that you are a good person, capable of leadership, self-sacrifice and empathy. Another popular technique for waylaying the reader is the Abuse use of specificity as a shortcut to nostalgia—as if all a writer has to do is mention Little League or someone called Bucky McGee, and our shared American past will do the rest of the pervasiveness define work. Each of the Best American anthologies, for example, has a Little League story.

I believe, with the Formalists, that literature has no inherently unsuitable subject—but, if it did, this subject would surely be Little League. Both Best Americans include some variation on the Western historical romance, e.g., “Hart and Boot”: “The man’s head and torso emerged from a hole in the ground, just a few feet from the rock where Pearl Hart sat smoking her last cigarette.” There is a terrible threat in this sentence: is the reader really expected to Essay Substance Abuse, think: “Good old Pearl Hart”? The best of the Best Americans are still the old masters—Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Munro, John Updike—writers who comply with the purpose of the cite this to me short-story form: namely, telling a short story. This sounds trivial, but isn’t. The short-story form can only accommodate a very specific content: basically, absence. Essay Substance Abuse. Missing persons, missed opportunities, very brief encounters, occuring in the margins of “Life Itself”: when the content is minimalist, then it makes sense to follow the short-fiction dictates: condense, delete, omit.

Novels, like short stories, are often about absences; but they are based on information overload. A short story says, “I looked for cite this to me x, and didn’t find it,” or, “I was not looking anymore, and then I found x.” A novel says, “I looked for x, and Essay on found a, b, c, g, q, r, and w.” The novel consists of all the fernandes style irrelevant garbage, the effort to redeem that garbage, to Essay on Substance Abuse, integrate it into Life Itself, to redraw the tony leadership boundaries of Life Itself. The novel is a fundamentally ironic form; hence its power of self-regeneration. The short story is a fundamentally unironic form, and for this reason I think it is doomed. When the Essay on Substance Abuse available literary forms no longer match the available real-life content, the novel can reabsorb the pervasiveness mismatch and use it as material. The canonical example is Don Quixote , a work which, according to his prologue, Cervantes conceived in a prison cell in Seville. Cervantes wanted to Essay Substance, write a chivalric romance, but the gap between this form and his experience was too great. Cite This To Me. Then he broke through the formal “prison”: he made the Essay Abuse gap the subject of a book. Many of the Best American stories are set in prisons and psychiatric hospitals.

They are trying to break out, but I don’t think they will. One of the most interesting contributions, Kelly Link’s “Stone Animals,” is about a family who moves into a new house that, very gradually, turns out to be “haunted.” First a toothbrush becomes haunted, then the coffee machine, the pervasiveness define downstairs bathroom. The haunted rooms can no longer be used; the house becomes equivalent to Cervantes’s cell: all the narrative possibilities have been sealed off. The family has less and less space in Essay on Substance, which to live. The last sentence is creepy and vaguely polemical: “In a little while, the pervasiveness define dinner party will be over and the war will begin.” Indeed, let the war begin. Today’s literary situation is Essay Substance, such that virtually all writers must, at least initially, write short stories. Several of the cite this to me Best American stories, “Stone Animals” among them, are really novelistic plots crammed into twenty pages. On Substance Abuse. The short story is henry emerson, trying to expand into a catchall genre. In fact, the novel is, at present, the only catchall genre we have; and it is shrinking.

Novels have gotten so short lately, with the exception of those that have gotten very long. Most of the Abuse long novels fit under James Wood’s designation of “hysterical realism”—which, while ostensibly opposed to Puritan minimalism, actually shares its basic assumption: writing as a form of self-indulgence and and ralph waldo vanity. The difference is that, instead of eschewing what they consider to be wicked, the hysterical realists are forever confessing it. Essay On Substance. The recursions of David Foster Wallace and pervasiveness Dave Eggers—“I confess that I, reprehensibly, want to be loved; this very confession is another reprehensible ploy to make you love me”—are a dreary Catholic riposte to a dreary Protestant attack. It would be equally productive for every writer to on, start every book with an apology for cutting down trees which could have been put to better use building houses for in statistics the homeless; followed by a second apology for on Abuse the paper consumed by the first apology.

Here is the crux of the problem, the single greatest obstacle to pakistan private limited, American literature today: guilt. On. Guilt leads to the idea that all writing is self-indulgence. Writers, feeling guilty for not doing real work, that mysterious activity—where is it? On Wall Street, at Sloane-Kettering, in Sudan?—turn in shame to the notion of writing as “craft.” (If art is aristocratic, decadent, egotistical, self-indulgent, then craft is useful, humble, ascetic, anorexic—a form of whittling.) “Craft” solicits from cite this to me, them constipated “vignettes”—as if to Essay on Substance, say: “Well, yes, it’s bad, but at least there isn’t too much of it.” As if writing well consisted of overcoming human weakness and bad habits. As if writers became writers by omitting needless words. American novelists are ashamed to find their own lives interesting; all the media effects on politics rooms in the house have become haunted, the available subjects have been blocked off. What remains to be written about? (A) nostalgic and historical subjects; (B) external, researched subjects, also sometimes historical; (C) their own self-loathing; and/or (D) terrible human suffering. For years, Lorrie Moore has only written about Essay on cancer.

In A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius , Dave Eggers implies that anyone who does not find his story compelling is unsympathetic to cancer victims; he describes in gory detail how he plans to eviscerate such people, how he plans to be eviscerated by them in turn. For writers who aren’t into cancer, there is the Holocaust, and of course the items can be recombined: cancer and the Holocaust, cancer and American nostalgia, the Holocaust and American nostalgia. For the last combination, you can’t do better than Michael Chabon’s The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier Clay , with its memorable opening sentence: In later years, holding forth to an interviewer or to an audience of aging fans at a comic book convention, Sam Clay liked to declare, apropos of his and of measurement Joe Kavalier’s greatest creation, that back when he was a boy, sealed and hog-tied inside the airtight vessel known as Brooklyn New York, he had been haunted by dreams of Harry Houdini. All the elements are there: the nicknames, the clauses, the five w’s, the physical imprisonment, the Substance Abuse nostalgia. (As if a fictional character could have a “greatest creation” by the first sentence—as if he were already entitled to be “holding forth” to “fans.”) Throughout the novel, Chabon does actually generate a fair amount of nostalgia—but then he goes and dumps the entire burden of character development on the Holocaust.

Joe Kavalier is a master magician, an escape artist, a writer of fabulous comic books, a charismatic and on politics fundamentally mysterious person—until, that is, Chabon explains to us that the reason Kavalier became an escape artist was to Essay Abuse, escape from cite this to me, Hitler. The reason he could produce a blockbuster cartoon superhero was that he had a psychological need to create a hero who could knock Hitler’s lights out on a weekly basis. W. G. Sebald’s Austerlitz has a nearly identical premise, minus the American nostalgia. It, too, features an authorial stand-in, a la Sam Clay, who finds in some other person a source of narrative. Austerlitz is, like Kavalier, a human enigma who disappears for on Abuse years on end, leaving trails of clues; in the end, the “solution” is techaccess pakistan, nothing other than the Final Solution. Austerlitz’s and Kavalier’s parents both perished, peculiarly enough, in the same Czech ghetto, Terezin. Austerlitz and Kavalier are both obsessed with moths; they both have Holocaust-induced problems with women. (Austerlitz’s one love affair, with a woman called Marie, fizzles out during a trip to Marienbad, where he is Essay on Abuse, oppressed by an inexplicable terror; later we understand that it’s because he is cite this to me, actually Jewish, and his parents were killed in the Holocaust, and on Substance Abuse once they went on vacation to Marienbad.) It’s not that the big pathologies can’t be written about, or can’t be written about well; Oates’s “The Cousins” ( Best American 2005), for cite this to me example, is about both the Holocaust and cancer, and is still a good story.

It consists of the letters between two cousins, aging women: one survived the Holocaust and became a famous writer, the other grew up in America and Substance Abuse became a retiree in leadership, Florida. They were supposed to meet as children, but never did. The twist is Essay Substance, that both cousins are interesting and mysterious; both have suffered; and they are bound by some hereditary, unarticulated, Zolaesque link. Among the novelists who write about the Second World War, I confess that my favorite is Haruki Murakami. Cite This To Me. Murakami’s The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle opens with a small, personal mystery—the disappearance of the narrator’s cat—which turns out to be related to how the narrator never really understood his wife, who also disappears. The two disappearances are subsequently linked to on Substance Abuse, the occupation of Manchuria, the torture killing of a Japanese soldier, and various other personal and global events.

The narrator is moved by all the henry david and ralph big historical themes that pass through the novel, but he suffers more immediately from the loss of his cat—as in Brueghel’s picture of the farmer ploughing his field while Icarus drowns. We never learn exactly what the Manchurian occupation has to do with the missing cat. The big historical mysteries are related to, but do not seamlessly explain, the on Abuse small everyday mysteries. By contrast, I feel sure that if Sebald or Chabon had written Wind-Up Bird , the narrator would have discovered that his own father had been killed in the Manchurian campaign, and that’s why his wife left him and his cat ran away. Murakami isn’t the in statistics world’s greatest novelist; you could say that his novels are all “botched” on some basic level. The turns in the plot are often achieved unsatisfyingly, by dreams, or by a character deciding to Essay, sit in the bottom of a well; the narrators receive an inordinate amount of tony fernandes, oral sex from bizarrely dressed middle-aged women. But botchedness also gives Murakami’s novels a quixotic dynamism. Murakami’s latest work, Kafka on the Shore , contains a prescient discussion on Essay the subject of minor novels—in fact, on a minor novel called The Miner . Tony Fernandes Style. The Miner is about a young man who has an unhappy love affair, runs away from home, ends up working in Essay Substance Abuse, a mine alongside “the dregs of media on politics, society,” and then returns to his ordinary life. “Nothing in the novel shows he learned anything from Essay Abuse, these experiences, that his life changed, that he thought deeply now about the of measurement meaning of life or started questioning society,” Murakami’s narrator explains: it is completely unclear why the Essay Abuse author decided to write The Miner —which makes it particularly valuable to the narrator, by virtue of its very openness. Literature needs novels like The Miner , where you go into cite this to me, the mine and nothing happens; novels unlike Germinal , where you go into the mine and Essay on Substance come out a socialist.

Perhaps modern American literature has kept the worst parts of Zola. We lost the genetic mysticism and the graphomania—all of us, perhaps, except Joyce Carol Oates—and we kept the guilty social conscience. Dear American writers, break out of the jail! Sell the haunted house, convert it to tourist villas. Puncture “the airtight vessel known as Brooklyn New York.” Write long novels, pointless novels. Pakistan Limited. Do not be ashamed to grieve about personal things. Dear young writers, write with dignity, not in guilt. How you write is how you will be read.

My Life and Times in American Journalism. Like Oedipus, we flout the Substance warning, and we’ll act surprised, even outraged, when we find out what we’ve done. Every now and then he looked up to ask what Evo was saying, since at his seventy-two years of and ralph emerson, age, Hugo Blanco is nearly deaf. The problem with autonomy and Abuse end-of-life decisions is largely a problem of information. It is not possible to be a German. If it were, hardly anyone would like to be one. If anyone would stop doing his job should his income drop to $100,000 a year, he should not be doing that job. Issue 4 Gut-Level Legislation, or, Redistribution Mark Greif. Issue 4 My Life and techaccess pakistan private limited Times in American Journalism Philip Connors. All useful poetry criticism since the ’60s has come either from Abuse, academics or from people committed to little magazines. Literature is only an art.

If it improves you, it does so the way health, riches, and elegant clothes do. There are plenty of clones, yes, but like Dolly the sheep, they age quickly and soon die. In the age of BookScan, only an scales, unpublished writer is allowed to Essay Substance, keep his dignity. It is in an aroused consciousness that the solace and excitement of literature are to be found. As vague a categorical designation as “literary fiction” is, it bestowed on pervasiveness define non-genre novels the Essay Abuse gift of a brand. In paying homage to sincerity, “post-ironic” fiction more often confirms its exile from the truth. Our generation seems far too aware that reading is safe and fun, that literature is spectacle. Issue 4 Why Repeat These Sad Things?

Meline Toumani. Issue 4 The Mystery Guest Gregoire Bouillier. Issue 4 Afternoon of the pervasiveness define Sex Children Mark Greif. Issue 4 Two Stories John Haskell. Issue 4 Melodramatic Installations Ilya Kliger. Issue 4 Three Stories Rebecca Schiff. Issue 4 The Joy of Edge Tools Misha Hoekstra. You, dear reader, are also supposed to be a clone among clones.

And really, who’d be the wiser? Never trust a man who insists that he is sincere. How does Vollmann intend to Abuse, be helpful, to cite this to me, save a life, to benefit someone? Issue 9 Summer in Essay Abuse, Samarkand, Part II Elif Batuman. A specter is haunting the academy—the specter of close reading.

Issue 2 Babel in California Elif Batuman. Go to Uzbekistan now . Scales Of Measurement In Statistics. . Essay On Abuse. . or you will never get departmental funding ever again? n+1 is a print and and ralph waldo digital magazine of literature, culture, and politics published three times a year. We also post new online-only work several times each week and publish books expanding on the interests of the Essay on Substance magazine.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on Substance Abuse, write my essay online for cheap -
Essay on Substance Abuse Disorder - 1303 Words | Bartleby

Resume Format Guide - Reverse-Chronological, Functional, Combination Styles. By Resume Genius. Making a perfect resume needs more than just error-free spelling and grammar. A resume must be framed and formatted to present you in the best way possible, a process that requires combining creativity, composition, and Substance marketing. Therefore, we’ve written this resume format guide to be a comprehensive resource to those looking to format their own resumes. We provide writing tips, expert advice, and sample images covering every resume format for your convenience.

Looking for more resume samples? Click the link below. How to Choose the Best Resume Format. Use the chart below to get a quick idea of which resume format will be best for presenting your unique job experience. As you may have seen above, job seekers have three options when it comes to formatting their resume: Chronological, Functional, and Combination . Each resume format has their own set of advantages and disadvantages for different kinds of job seekers, so be sure to choose wisely. Check out the in-depth writing guides below to henry david thoreau emerson, get every bit of information needed to Essay Abuse, create the best resume for you: To get inspiration and an idea of what your resume can look like, we’ve created three huge libraries of pervasiveness resume format examples . The links below are separated by Essay on Substance resume style and of measurement include industry-specific samples. Essay On Abuse. Visit each library and cite this to me find your industry. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume presents your work experience information from newest (most relevant) to Essay on Abuse, oldest (least relevant). This means the thoreau resume will begin with your most recent job, and end with your oldest experience. This structure allows you to present yourself in terms of your promotions and upward career mobility , and is therefore particularly useful for entry to Substance, mid level applicants looking to boost their careers.

I should use a reverse chronological resume format if… I want to demonstrate a vertical career progression. I want to cite this to me, apply to a job in a similar field. I don’t have large work experience gaps. I shouldn’t use a reverse chronological style if… I have multiple gaps in my employment history. I am considering working in a new industry I frequently change jobs.

To learn more about what should be in Substance, included in a reverse-chronological resume, click here. The functional resume format frames the pervasiveness candidate in terms of the skills and on Substance abilities he/she believes are most relevant to the job opening . Unlike the reverse chronological resume, the functional resume ignores when and where the candidate learned or performed those skills . Of Measurement. The candidate and simply lists them at the top of the resume in order of most relevant to least relevant skills. Essay. Even the “least relevant” skill should still be relevant to the job you are applying for. Henry David Thoreau Waldo Emerson. “Least relevant” here really means “the least relevant of your most relevant skills.” Warning: Many human resources professionals have negative impressions of functional resumes precisely because they do not reveal chronological information, making it seem like the candidate is hiding something. By using the functional format, job candidates can achieve three big goals: provide evidence that they are strong candidates for Substance the job, and hide work experience gaps (if they haven’t been working for periods of time.) help hiring managers quickly locate specific skills that are required for pakistan limited a particular position, which is beneficial. I should use a functional resume format if… I have unusually large gaps in my employment history. I am in the midst of Essay Abuse a big career change into a new industry. Techaccess Private Limited. I want to promote a specific skill set.

I shouldn’t use a functional style if: I want to highlight my upward career mobility. I am a student or entry-level candidate that lacks experience. I lack relevant or transferable skills. To learn more about Essay Abuse what should be in included in a functional resume, click here. A combination resume is literally a combination of the techaccess limited reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. Combination resumes will often begin with a professional profile or summary of Essay qualifications that includes skills, abilities, and media on politics achievements relevant to the job opening. (This is the functional part.) This introductory section is then followed by your reverse-chronological professional experience, education, and additional sections. (This is the on reverse-chronological part.) I should use a combination resume format if… I want to showcase a relevant and well-developed skill set. Thoreau Emerson. I want to transfer to a different industry.

I am a master at what I do. I shouldn’t use a combination resume format if… I am a student or entry level candidate. I want to emphasize my educational experience. I lack relevant qualifications and skills. To learn more about what should be in Substance, included in private limited, a combination resume format, click here. If you have any specific questions not answered in this guide please feel free to Essay on Substance Abuse, post them in effects, the comments at the bottom of the on Substance page and one of cite this to me our Senior Resume Experts will be glad to answer them for you!

PS. Need that job? Be sure to Essay Substance, download our Resume Checklist to techaccess private limited, ensure that you’ve written a complete, professional resume. Click Here to Download. Our Resume Checklist. If I apply a admin. job but I only have relevant experience several years ago, and now in school learning social service. How can I make my resume? Emphasize old skills and on Abuse transferable skills from social service in a combination or functional resume.

Good luck on the job hunt! Yes, if you have several impressive awards/honors then they can definitely be place above your professional experience. Good luck on the job hunt! We suggest using a combination format. Best of luck on the job hunt! We suggest that you stick with the traditional reverse-chronological format. Good luck! I did a career shift recently to define, teaching after having a graduate degree and 10 years experience in planning and development. I have recently completed a graduate degree in education and have 2 years of teaching experience in a preschool setting and trying to now make the shift to Essay on Substance Abuse, elementary age. Do you think I should use a combination resume? A combination resume should work for tony leadership style your situation.

Check out our combination format writing guide for more info: https://resumegenius.com/resume-formats/combination-resume-samples. For a chronological resume, if I completed an internship with a past employer — while simultaneously being employed by them — does the internship go above or below the primary employment experience? (E.g., I worked at HSBV from 8/2013 – 12/2015, with my internship — also at HSBV — from 1/2015 – 5/2015, so right in Essay on Abuse, the middle of henry david and ralph emerson my employment with them. Should the internship be listed before, or after?) You should list you internship after your employment. Good luck! I have what I perceive to be a unique situation (I understand everyone thinks they are different). I am an army veteran of nearly 7 years and now I am studying to get my BS is Homeland Security.

I joined the army at 19 in 2006 and got out in 2013. From 2013 until January of this year, I have been trying to make my own way as an entrepreneur. Essay. I was largely unsuccessful and in order to stay on top of my bills I ended up taking odd jobs during the day while working as a bouncer at various bars and clubs at night. I am currently looking for scales in statistics an internship as part of on Substance Abuse my degree program so i need to create a resume. I thought a functional resume would be ideal so as to blur the past 3 years.

However, I understand from cite this to me, this article that students should use a chronological resume. I need to on Substance, know how firm that rule is. Also, if anyone has any specific guidance for my resume I am very willing to accept advice. Effects On Politics. Thanks. In your situation, we would suggest using a functional format. This will allow you to Essay Substance, focus on your skills that are relevant to the internship you are applying for. Good luck on the job hunt and thank you for your service! Okay so I am a third year college student looking for a part-time job that fits my class schedule and isn’t in the fast-food industry to help me pay rent next year. I have never had to write a resume for any of my other jobs so I’m at cite this to me a loss as to what to do. I am applying as an entry-level applicant but I also didn’t work during my freshman year and about half of my sophomore year.

Therefore I’m not really sure how to approach this and I really need this job. Please help! Thanks! Good luck on the job hunt! Consider adding a ‘Publications’ section to include your research and on Substance writing experience. Good luck on thoreau and ralph waldo, the job hunt. Several positions require a chronological resume be included. I am over 40, most recent position was over 5 yrs ago as a Seasonal Tax Professional with HR Block. Essay On. Recently received my AA degree. I do not include employment start – end dates on henry david thoreau and ralph waldo emerson, my resume for many reasons but I am not trying to Essay on Substance Abuse, look like someone who can not or will not follow directions either. Techaccess Limited. Please share your thoughts.

Hi I used to be a pediatric nurse for two years till moved to on Abuse, this country on fernandes leadership, 2012 and have been working at Walmart since then, recently got my RN license and Essay on want to start working as a nurse…what type would you recommend me? In your case, we suggest using a functional resume. Best of luck on the job hunt! Hi, I am presently working as Project Manager in cite this to me, construction company and Essay before this I worked as Operations Manager in a different company. Fernandes. Now I want to apply for a job (Title : Plant Manager). I am confused which format I should choose to post for Essay on Abuse this job opportunity. Please recommend. We suggest sticking with the traditional reverse-chronological format. Best of luck! Detailing all 18 years of your experience might be overdoing it. With three pages, there is likely some redundant information that you could cut.

However, if you truly feel that all of cite this to me your content is relevant and of interest to Substance Abuse, the employer, then stick with what you have. Best of luck on the job hunt! I am now trying to rejoin the full-time workforce after almost a 17 year absence. Prior to marriage mother hood I was a very successful Director of Public relations for a well known beauty company in on politics, NYC (1990-1996). After that I joined a small firm on Long Island as their first ever Director of PR and advertising (1997-1999). Then babies came. 6 years later I joined a local firm as their Director of Operations (office manager) from 2006-2009. Then my family and on I moved to Switzerland and just returned after 7 years.

I was a teacher of English as a Second Language. Tony Fernandes Leadership. I am looking for work in almost any capacity: From Communications manager to Substance Abuse, administrative assistant. I am struggling with how to present my resume. I’ve been letting my cover letters explain the history and why I would be a good fit for any given position, but I’m sure my resume is holding me back. Any ideas. Thanks in media effects, advance! If you’re looking to get back into on Substance communications or office management, then it might be better to use a functional format. Effects. This will allow you to emphasize your skills instead of the dates of your work experience. Essay On. As far as explaining work gaps in your cover letter, check out this how-to guide: https://resumegenius.com/cover-letters-the-how-to-guide/cover-letter-red-flags-solutions. While I was in high school I did my internship at cite this to me for State Farm.

After I graduated I was offered a job there and Essay on Substance stayed there for 2 years. I have recently worked at the National Instituted of Health for a year. I currently want to go back to finding an office job or something related and need help deciding what type of resume I should use? Based on the info you’ve given us, a ‘Chronological’ format would still be appropriate. Best of luck! If the the position you are applying for techaccess private is also an Essay on Substance, administrative job, then stick with the traditional Reverse-Chronological resume format. Tony Style. Good luck on on Substance Abuse, the job hunt!

Glad you liked it! Hi there! This is pervasiveness define, great. I was just wondering, if I’ve been at the same position for 3 years (2014-present) but did a second job for 6 months in Essay on Substance Abuse, 2015 that I would like to list, would I put that first (since technically 2015 is more recent than 2014)? Or would I list that after my current position, since I’m still presently in this role? Thanks! List your current position first. Best of cite this to me luck! A combination or functional resume would be suitable.

Best of luck! It sounds like a functional format would be a good choice. Good luck on the job hunt! Hi there Elizabeth, You have a bit of flexibility with the resume format, but when in doubt go with reverse-chronological. Because you’re lacking in transferable skills, I’d recommend working on your resume objective to on Abuse, get your application started on cite this to me, the right foot. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/career-objective-writing-guide. Also consider the soft skills you’ve built during your time working in a call center. Many of these could potentially be transferable. https://resumegenius.com/how-to-write-a-resume/skills-section-writing-guide. Good luck with your job application! Yes, a combination resume is Essay on Abuse, perfectly suited to cite this to me, someone of your experience, even with the career change. Good luck making the shift back into your previous field!

If you are aiming for a new industry, you can’t go wrong with the classic “reverse-chronological” resume format. Good luck landing your fellowship! Share Resume Format Guide – Reverse-Chronological, Functional, #038; Combination Styles Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to Essay Substance, introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market. Pervasiveness. We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easy export to MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to on Substance, the Resume Genius Terms of Use and henry emerson Privacy Policy. Play the One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. On Substance. Put your skills to the test, and learn how to make your resume 6 second worthy!

3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. Media On Politics. There are tons of errors throughout. Abuse. See why. How to Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job.

5 Ridiculous Excuses To Calling Out Of Work That Were Surprisingly Successful. Every office is bound to have that one person that abuses the fernandes leadership style call-out policy. These people go above and. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on Essay on, some of the world's leading online and pervasiveness offline publications including: Our code geeks and Essay Substance Abuse HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market.

HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and easily export to MS Word and PDF.

Custom Essay Writing Service -
Essay On Substance Abuse And Alcoholism: Different Motives For

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on Substance Abuse, pay for essay writing service -
Drug Use and Abuse – Essay Sample - Best Essay Help

20 Classic Case Studies Every Business Student Should Know. Abuse. Although almost every business is unique in its own way, there are some universal lessons that apply to just about any kind of of measurement in statistics, business. In these case studies, we#39;ll take a look at employee performance and retention, supply chain management, growth, ad spending, and Essay Substance, more. Although the following are focused on specific businesses, all business students can learn lessons from on politics, their triumphs and mistakes. Read on, and Essay Abuse, you#39;ll find 20 classic case studies you#39;d do well to know as a business student.

Managers hope they#39;ll never have to deal with employee drug abuse, but the fact is that it does happen. Fernandes Leadership. In this case, Amber, an Essay administrative assistant started out well, but began to tony adopt strange and inconsistent behavior. Essay On. Her work was maintained pretty well, but she began arriving late and calling in sick often, especially right around the time she got paid. She began borrowing and failing to repay money, and then started showing a short temper on the phone with customers. After being found in the ladies room sniffing white powder, she was confronted about a cocaine problem, and reacted by quitting immediately, leaving a hole in the organization for on politics, months before a replacement could be found and replaced. Experts believe the employer#39;s actions were wrong, waiting too long to confront Amber, and focusing on accusations instead of criticizing behavior directly related to work, such as lateness and rudeness to Essay Substance clients. They also point out that Amber should have been sent in for a drug test before being outright accused of using cocaine, opening up the opportunity for rehabilitation instead of a severed tie. Sometimes, doing the right thing is more important than profits, a lesson that Malden Mills learned firsthand. When the factory burned down in 1995 just two weeks before Christmas, production halted and employees assumed they#39;d be out of work until the factory was rebuilt.

But CEO Aaron Feuerstein extended the employees 90 days at techaccess private, full pay, as well as 180 days with benefits at a cost of $25 million to Malden Mills. On. After the factory was rebuilt and all of the displaced workers were rehired, cooperation and productivity reached a new high, with 40% more business, 95% customer and employee retention, and a production increase from 130,000 to 200,000 yards per week. However, since then, Malden Mills has been to bankruptcy court three times, with much of the debt tied to techaccess pakistan private limited the rebuild of the factory. Feuerstein made employees happy, to Substance be sure, but business students should study this case to consider whether bold philanthropic actions will pay off in the end. In 2008, Starbucks announced that they would be closing 600 US stores.

Up to that point, Starbucks stores had added new offerings, including wi-fi and music for sale, but started to lose its warm neighborhood store feeling in favor of scales in statistics, a chain store persona. Harvard Business Review points out that in this situation, Starbucks is Essay Abuse, a mass brand attempting to command a premium price for an experience that is media on politics, no longer special. Meaning, in order to keep up, Starbucks would either have to cut prices, or cut down on Essay on Substance Abuse stores to restore its brand exclusivity. HBR#39;s case study shares three problems with the pakistan private limited growth of Essay, Starbucks: alienating early adopters, too broad of an appeal, and superficial growth through new stores and products. Cite This To Me. Harvard recommends that Starbucks should have stayed private, growing at a controlled pace to maintain its status as a premium brand. On Abuse. Big business is attractive, with huge profits for some. But there#39;s something to media effects on politics be said about small business as well, with lower risk and the potential for Essay on Abuse, creativity. Darren Robbins of Big D Custom Screen Printing in Austin, TX found success in his business by pursuing customers with orders both large and small.

Although Big D started out catering only to large orders, the shop sat idle in between orders, and through effective scheduling and techaccess limited, transparent pricing, was able to fill in Essay on, dead times with smaller orders. Big D found a profit in techaccess pakistan, a market segment that other local screen printers weren#39;t clamoring to fill. Experts believe this was a smart strategy, allowing Big D to spread out risk in their business and offer customized products. But at least one person is critical of the offering, pointing out that the niche has little upside potential, and may hurt the company#39;s efficiency. Family businesses typically have the luxury of Substance, passing the and ralph torch down to children after parents retire, but in some cases, there are no candidates, or the candidates may not be right for the role. This presents a challenge when it#39;s time to find a successor, especially if existing employees have assumed that top level promotions would come from within the family. So the Carlson companies had to put in on Substance Abuse, great effort to find a replacement, looking both internally and outside of the company, ultimately finding an tony fernandes internal candidate who would work well with the family but also offered plenty of experience as an executive in different industries. According to Beverly Behan of Hay#39;s Group, Carlson should be commended for not only making the Essay Abuse right decision in not hiring the heir apparent, but for handling the job search in a calm, effective way.

Retiring Employees, Lost Knowledge. Another important retirement issue is one of lost knowledge. What happens when retirees leave the office, taking years of define, experience and on Substance Abuse, know-how right along with them? Businesses lose all of that knowledge, but according to American Express, it doesn#39;t have to be that way. Through a pilot program, AMEX created a workforce transformation group that would allow retiring participants to gradually give up some of their day to day responsibilities. In return, the henry david thoreau waldo employees would spend some of this time mentoring and on, teaching classes to successors. This resulted in a phased retirement, allowing employees to leave gradually and enjoy more time while still enjoying a portion of their previous salary, and regular benefits. This also meant that some employees stayed a year or more past traditional retirement age. AMEX believes this program is a success, allowing senior employees to enjoy their last years of work in a reduced capacity, as well as educating the existing workforce for future success. Consultant David DeLong agrees, citing this program as an example of cite this to me, how job handoffs should really work.

Advertising costs money, which many businesses find themselves short of these days. But forgoing ad spending in favor of better profits can be a mistake. On Abuse. Experts say that in a slump, one of the best things you can do is adopt or increase your advertising strategy to attract customers. During a recession, this is especially true, as other businesses may be cutting back on their ad spending, making your voice even more prominent to customers. After seven years of growth, buliding from fernandes leadership style, 30 to 300 locations, Firehouse Subs#39; growth fizzled, and company leaders realized they had to do something about it. So they returned local advertising fees collected from franchisees, not to Essay on put in their pockets, but to take hold of their own local marketing. Sales fell even more, revealing that this was not a good strategy at the time. Instead, Firehouse reclaimed their local marketing fee, and henry david and ralph waldo emerson, then gave franchisees the option to take part in a new marketing campaign, requiring them to pay double for local marketing, but in return, becoming part of an $8 million advertising campaign poised for success.

Experts commend Firehouse for having the courage to Substance ask franchisees for more money where it was needed, even when times were tough. In 1982, seven people in tony fernandes leadership style, Chicago died after taking Tylenol due to an unknown suspect lacing the capsules with cyanide after the products reached the shelves. In the immediate aftermath, Tylenol#39;s commanding 37% market share dropped to Substance Abuse just 7% nationwide, despite the problem being contained to the Chicago area. Tylenol was not responsible for the tampering of the product, but to maintain the product#39;s reputation, Johnson Johnson pulled all of the Tylenol from the shelves, absorbing a loss of more than $100 million dollars. Tylenol was successfully reintroduced with tamper resistant packaging, discounts, and sales presentations to henry thoreau waldo the medical community. The brand survived due to Essay Substance swift action and effective public relations from Johnson Johnson.

It#39;s tough to be the henry david little guy, especially when one of the on big guys becomes your direct competition. But at Hangers Cleaners, an offbeat image and good customer service helped them pull through when PG opened an eco-friendly dry cleaners in the same town. Hangers differentiated itself through van delivery service, funny t-shirts and hangers, as well as social networking. Tony Fernandes Leadership Style. The company also spent time connecting with the community by partnering with local businesses and charities. Instead of out-pricing or out-spending PG, Hangers embraced its personality and adopted a culture of excellent service that customers found value in. Substance Abuse. As a result, Hangers has experienced growth while other local dry cleaners have reported flat or declining revenues. Market Expansion Through Partnership. Scales In Statistics. To support new growth, businesses have to expand past their initial customer base, an often daunting task for small businesses.

However, partnering with another successful company can help businesses reach a new level. Diagnostic Hybrids, specializing in medical diagnostics, did just that, partnering with Quidel, a market leader in rapid diagnostic tests. Essay On Substance. This partnership allowed Diagnostic Hybrids to enjoy a larger market presence, as well as take advantage of better research and development resources. Although Diagnostic Hybrids was acquired by Quidel, key elements of the tony fernandes organization remain, with the same company president, and operation as a separate subsidiary. Tesco#39;s move into Korea offers a classic case study of Abuse, building market share internationally. The company made some smart moves in their Korean expansion, most notably partnering with Samsung, the leading Korean conglomerate, and embracing the pakistan limited Korean way of life by operating stores as local businesses and Essay on Substance, community centers. Tesco also made a smart move by employing nearly 100% Koreans on staff, with only 4 British employees out of 23,000. Reports indicate that Tesco#39;s intelligent strategy has won over shoppers in Seoul, with 25% of Koreans signed up for loyalty cards and sales in the billions, finding success in crack[ing] the pakistan limited Asian tiger, where competitors such as Carrefour and Wal-Mart have failed. Essay. Another excellent international case study comes from bike manufacturer Triumph, which lost steam in its British home base three decades ago, but found new life by heading overseas. In 2010, Triumph sold just 7,562 bikes in pervasiveness, the UK, but 50,000 worldwide, indicating that an international interest paid off for the company. Triumph#39;s famous factory in Warwickshire closed up shop in 1983, but the Essay Substance Abuse Indian factory remained, and these days, the motorcycles have become the country#39;s Harley Davidson.

The company struggles to of measurement meet demand in India, with a six month waiting list and a new factory being built. India#39;s middle class has embraced the vehicle as an affordable commodity, even giving them as dowries in weddings. Background Checks for Job Candidates. Background checks are an issue faced by many companies, as sensitive information is now more public than ever. OfficeDrop is no exception, as the company scans paper into digital files, including patient records and minister sermons, most of which require trustworthy employees who can handle documents discreetly.

Many companies offer quick, superficial checks, but for OfficeDrop owner Prasad Thammineni, more information was required. He found a company that would allow research to delve into a number of different sources and perform a more comprehensive search. Other business owners offered somewhat critical opinions of Abuse, Thammineni#39;s choice, pointing out that instead of Googling to find a background check company, he should have asked his business network who they were using. They also recommended that he take advantage of free resources, including online searches and checking out social media sites to learn more about job candidates. Employee Engagement in Tough Times. Cite This To Me. When Gamal Aziz stepped in as president of the Abuse MGM Grand Hotel Casino, he didn#39;t just take on a $400 million spruce up of the hotel, he worked on the employees as well. He asked rank and file employees to share their insight through a hotel, discovering that there was a disconnect between what was going on at the hotel and and ralph emerson, the knowledge of staff.

He implemented an easy fix, creating short meetings at the start of every shift to inform employees of daily happenings so that staff could offer more to guests, improving customer loyalty, return visits, and spending. Experts laud Aziz for differentiating the Substance Abuse MGM grand with top quality service from the employees. Social Media Serves Up Creme Brulee. Marketing is key, whether you#39;re a multibillion dollar company, or just a guy with a cart full of creme brulee. But just doing it isn#39;t enough: you have to market effectively. Curtis Kimball, the man behind the Creme Brulee Cart, put Twitter to work for him amassing thousands of cite this to me, followers and growing his business by Essay Substance, allowing people to follow the cart through the online service. Kimball engages with customers and develops a personal relationship with followers online, asking for suggestions on tony fernandes leadership style flavors and cart locations.

Perhaps the most impressive part of on Substance, this story is the leadership style fact that Kimball has no marketing budget (Twitter is a free service), yet enjoys an incredibly popular status and high ratings on Yelp. Overreaching Products, Suffering Sales. You can#39;t be everything to everyone, as Hickory Farms found out. A company that started out Essay on Substance with holiday gift baskets including sausage, ham, and cheese at one point had an thoreau waldo offering of on, 2,500 different products, sprawling the media effects on politics company and resulting in Substance, a loss of henry, favor with customers. Recognizing this issue, Hickory Farms streamlined itself, slashing their number of products from Essay on Substance, 2,500 to 300 with more modern visuals, descriptions, and other features, including less packaging and more recycled content. The company also overhauled their website, making it easier to shop online. All of this streamlining resulted in a price reduction of 13% that Hickory Farms was able to pass on to their customers.

Brand strategist Jennifer Woodbery believes that this was a smart move, making the most of define, Hickory Farms#39; trusted name and image with an effective rebranding of offerings. Maintaining Consistently Good Employees. It happens all the Essay Substance Abuse time: good employees get a promotion, and suddenly, they#39;re not so good anymore. Such is the case for media on politics, cat shelter Paws Need Families, as Della, a cleaner turned assistant manager, then manager started arriving late, letting applications sit, and slipped on Substance Abuse inoculations, all serious offenses. Instead of henry david thoreau and ralph waldo, confronting Della directly, general meetings were held, and an assistant manager was hired to Essay on Substance Abuse compensate for Della#39;s shortcomings.

Ultimately, Della never cleaned up her act, and techaccess private, was fired. Ken Blanchard, co-author of Essay on Substance, The One Minute Manager believes this situation could have been avoided with frequent meetings and support with a system of review, both of define, which can identify issues before they become real problems. In 2009, Maclaren issued a recall for every stroller it had sold in the US for a decade, which came to 1 million units. The strollers were recalled so that a cover could be installed to on prevent amputation of a baby#39;s fingers, which could happen if the baby were to be in the stroller in pervasiveness define, the wrong spot. As a luxury brand, this incident was damaging even though it was a misuse of the product and not a defect. Experts believe that Maclaren did the right thing in on Abuse, the aftermath of the recall, asking for a fast track recall from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, and thoreau and ralph emerson, got out in Essay on, front of the recall as it started spreading through the pervasiveness press, saving face and further embracing a mission of child safety. We all hope that clients will pay on Essay Substance time, but the cite this to me fact is that most businesses have to deal with lateness at Essay on Abuse, some point or another. How you deal with it can make all the difference, and this case study reveals a smart strategy. Techaccess Limited. When a client wrote to check in on the progress of work, a web developer replied that she was hesitant to work quickly for that client because she was still waiting on payments for month-old work. Essay On Substance. This immediately got the attention of the clients, who contacted her and techaccess private, discovered that their checks were not going to the right address.

The problem was solved almost instantaneously, enforcing both leverage and rewarding positive behavior. However, it was risky, and on Substance, the client criticized her for not sharing a warning before coming to a difficult point. In 2000, a fire at the Philips microchip plant affected phone manufacturers Nokia And Ericsson. The companies reacted in different ways, and ultimately, Ericsson did not do well, quitting the mobile phone business and allowing Nokia to win over the European market. While Ericsson had tied up all of its key components in a single source and planned to wait out the problem with the fire, Nokia worked to snatch up spare chips from other plants and suppliers, as well as re-engineered some of their phones to adapt to and ralph waldo different chips from new suppliers. It#39;s not hard to Substance Abuse imagine what happened after that. Nokia kept trucking along, while Ericsson suffered from months of techaccess private, lost production and sales, allowing the market to be dominated by Nokia.

This incident and fallout is a classic lesson in supply chain risk management. Abuse. Copyright Online Colleges 2017. Media On Politics. All rights reserved.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -

Nov 12, 2017 Essay on Substance Abuse, write my paper for cheap in high quality -
Substance Abuse and Addiction Essay - 1957 Words | Bartleby

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. Just as with most essays, the major secret to excelling on the SAT essay is to pre-plan the examples and evidence you want to use. But wait! I hear you cry. Can you do that on Essay on, the new SAT essay? Isn’t the point of the tony fernandes leadership style essay that you’re supposed to be using information from the passage in your answer, which you don’t know about Abuse ahead of time? The answer: Yes and no. While the specifics of each example will obviously change, depending on the passage, the tony fernandes types of examples you choose to discuss (and the way you explain each example builds the author’s argument) can be defined, and thus prepared for, ahead of time. In this article, we give you 6 good SAT essay examples you’ll be able to find in Essay on Abuse, nearly every prompt the SAT throws at you. By assembling a collection of these reliable examples that can answer most prompts, you'll cut down on planning time and significantly increase the cite this to me amount you can write, making you able to walk into every SAT essay confident in your abilities. If you haven’t already read our introduction to the SAT essay prompt, read it now.

This will give you a good idea of what the SAT essay assignment looks like. Then come back to this article. The SAT essay prompts have several important things in common: They’re all passages that try to convince the reader of the veracity of the author’s claim They’re all around the same length (650-750 words) They’re all meant to be analyzed and written about in on Substance Abuse, a relatively short period of time (50 minutes) This means that you can have a pretty good idea ahead of time of what types of of measurement, argument-building techniques you might see when you open the booklet on test day. The main techniques the author uses aren't going to be overly complex (like the Substance first letter of every word spelling out a secret code), because you just don’t have the time to analyze and write about complex techniques. And because of that, you can prepare yourself with SAT essay examples that’ll be likely to found across persuasive passages about many different issues —we've provided some ideas below. We've chosen two examples of evidence, two examples of reasoning, and two examples of stylistic/persuasive elements you can use as stellar evidence to support your thesis . Play to the features of the passage – if there are a lot of facts/statistics, make sure to discuss that; if it dwells more on personal anecdotes/appeals to emotion, discuss those.

For each example below, we also show you how you can use the type of evidence to support your thesis across a range of prompts. This should prove to you how effective pre-planned examples are. So, without further ado, onto our list of multipurpose support for any SAT Essay prompt. The most basic way author builds an argument is by supporting claims with evidence . There are many different kinds of evidence author might use to support her/his point, but I'm just going to discuss the two big ones I've seen in the various official SAT Essay prompts that have been released. These two types of evidence are Facts and Statistics and Anecdotes . Example Type #1: Facts and Statistics. Employing statistics and facts to of measurement in statistics bolster one's argument is one of the most unassailable methods authors can use to build an argument. This argument-building technique is particularly common in essays written about scientific or social studies-related topics, where specific data and facts are readily available. Statistics usually show up in the form of specific numbers related to the topic at hand - maybe as percents, or maybe as a way to communicate other data. Here're a couple of examples of statistics from an Abuse official SAT essay prompt, Let There Be Dark by Paul Bogard: Example : 8 of 10 children born in the United States will never know a sky dark enough for the Milky Way. Example : In the define United States and Western Europe, the amount of light in the sky increases an average of about 6% every year.

Factual evidence can also be in the form of non-numerical information. Often, you'll see facts presented with references to the research study, survey, expert, or other source from which they're drawn. Here's another example from Let There Be Dark: Example : Already the World Health Organization classifies working the night shift as a probable human carcinogen. Another form of evidence that is often used as an alternative to actual facts or statistics is the anecdote. This type of evidence is most often found in speeches or other sorts of essay prompts that are written as a personal address to the reader.

An anecdote is Essay on, a short story about scales of measurement a real person or event . When an author discusses own personal experience or personal experience of someone they know or have heard of, that's anecdotal evidence. Essay On Abuse! Here's an pervasiveness define example of (part of) an anecdote from an official SAT essay prompt that was adapted from a foreword by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter: One of the most unforgettable and humbling experiences of our lives occurred on Essay Substance Abuse, the coastal plain. We had hoped to see caribou during our trip, but to our amazement, we witnessed the migration of tens of limited, thousands of caribou with their newborn calves.

In a matter of a few minutes, the sweep of tundra before us became flooded with life, with the sounds of grunting animals and clicking hooves filling the air. The dramatic procession of the Essay on Substance Porcupine caribou herd was a once-in-a-lifetime wildlife spectacle. We understand firsthand why some have described this special birthplace as “America’s Serengeti.” Even though anecdotes aren't statistics or facts, they can be powerful because it’s more relatable/interesting to the reader to read an anecdote than to be presented with dry, boring facts. People tend to put more faith in experiences if they can personally connect with the experiences (even though that doesn't actually affect how likely or not a statement is to thoreau and ralph waldo be true).

In the example above, rather than discussing the statistics that support the creation of wildlife refuges, Jimmy Carter instead uses an anecdote about experiencing the wonder of nature to illustrate the same point - probably more effectively. Essay On Abuse! By inviting the henry david waldo reader to experience vicariously the majesty of witnessing the migration of the Substance Porcupine caribou, Carter activates the reader's empathy towards wildlife preservation and so makes it more likely that the reader will agree with him that wildlife refuges are important. All authors use reasoning to henry david thoreau waldo emerson some extent, but it’s not always a major part of how the author builds her/his argument. It's not always enough just to throw out support for a claim – an author may choose to use reasoning to explain how the evidence presented actually builds the argument. Example Type #3: Counterarguments and Counterclaims. One way in which an author might use reasoning to Essay on Abuse persuade the private limited reader to accept the Essay on Substance claim being put forward is to discuss a counterargument, or counterclaim, to the author's main point. The discussion (and subsequent neutralization) of counterarguments is found in prompts across all subject areas. A counterargument or counterclaim is simply another point of view that contradicts (either fully or partially) the author's own argument.

When some might claim, however, or other contrast words and phrases show up in an essay prompt, the author is likely presenting a counterclaim. Here's an example of an effective presentation (and negation) of a counter claim from an official SAT essay prompt, The Digital Parent Trap by Eliana Dockterman: “You could say some computer games develop creativity,” says Lucy Wurtz, an pakistan private administrator at the Waldorf School in Substance, Los Altos, Calif., minutes from Silicon Valley. Pervasiveness! “But I don’t see any benefit. Waldorf kids knit and Essay Abuse build things and thoreau and ralph paint—a lot of Essay Abuse, really practical and leadership creative endeavors.” But it’s not that simple. While there are dangers inherent in on, access to Facebook, new research suggests that social-networking sites also offer unprecedented learning opportunities.

So how does bringing up an opposing point of view help an author build her argument? It may seem counterintuitive that discussing a counterargument actually strengthens the main argument. However, as you can see in the brief example above, giving some space to another point of view serves to make it seem as if the discussion’s going to be more “fair.” This is still true whether the author delves into the counterargument or if the author only pervasiveness define, briefly mentions an opposing point of view before moving on. But a true discussion of the counterargument , as is present in Dockterman's article, also shows a deeper understanding of the topic than if the Essay on Substance Abuse article only emerson, presented a one-sided argument . And because it demonstrates that the Substance Abuse author knows the topic well enough to be able to see the issue from multiple sides, it means that the scales of measurement in statistics reader is more likely to trust that the author's claims are well-thought out and worth believing. In the Essay case of the scales of measurement Dockterman article, the author not only mentions the opposite on Abuse, point of view but also takes the time to techaccess pakistan limited get a quote from Abuse, someone who supports the opposing viewpoint. Leadership! This even-handedness makes her following claim that it's not that simple more believable, since she doesn't appear to be presenting a one-sided argument. Example Type #4: Explanation of Evidence. In some cases, the clarity with which the author links her evidence and her claims is integral to the author's argument. As the College Board Official SAT Study Guide says, Reasoning is the Essay Substance connective tissue that holds an argument together.

It’s the “thinking” — the logic, the analysis — that develops the argument and ties the claim and evidence together. This is one of the trickier argument-building techniques to discuss (at least in my opinion), because while it is present in many essay prompts, it isn't always a major persuasive feature. You can pretty easily identify an author's explanation of david and ralph waldo emerson, evidence if the author connects claims to support and explains it , rather than just throwing out evidence without much ceremony or linking to the claim; however, whether or not the explanation of the evidence is Essay on Substance Abuse, a major contributing factor to cite this to me the author's argument is Abuse, somewhat subjective. Pervasiveness Define! Here's a pretty clear instance of Substance, a case where an author uses explanations of each piece of evidence she discusses to logically advance her argument (again from the Dockterman passage): And at MIT’s Education Arcade, playing the of measurement in statistics empire-building game Civilization piqued students’ interest in history and was directly linked to Essay on an improvement in the quality of pervasiveness define, their history-class reports. Unfortunately, the explanation the Official SAT Study Guide gives for how to discuss an author's reasoning is a little vague: You may decide to discuss how the author uses (or fails to use) clear, logical reasoning to draw a connection between a claim and the evidence supporting that claim. But how exactly you should go about doing this? And wh y is it persuasive to clearly explain the link between evidence and claim? In general, when an Abuse author explains the logic behind her argument or point, the leadership reader can follow along and understand the Essay Substance author’s argument better (which in some cases makes it more likely the reader will agree with the author). In the Dockterman example above, the author clearly lays out data ( Civilization leads to improvements in history class), a claim (this is because of engagement with the game and thus the subject material), provides data that back up that claim (retention rate skyrockets when students do things for themselves), and links that smaller claim to a larger concept (actively browsing pages on a computer or tablet is way more brain-stimulating than vegging out in front of the cite this to me TV).

This clear pattern of data-explanation-more data-more explanation enables the reader to follow along with Dockterman's points. It's more persuasive because, rather than just being told Civilization leads to improvements in history and having to on take it on faith, the cite this to me reader is on, forced to reenact the thinking processes that led to the argument, engaging with the topic on media on politics, a deeper level. Examples of Stylistic/Persuasive Elements. This final category of examples is the top layer of argument building. The foundation of a good argument is evidence, which is often explained and elucidated by reasoning, but it is Substance, often the addition of stylistic or persuasive elements like an ironic tone or a rhetorical flourish that seals the deal. Vivid language is truly the icing on tony, the persuasive cake.

As with explanations of evidence, vivid language can be found across all topics of essay prompts (although they usually play a larger role when the passage is light on facts or logic). Vivid language is pretty easy to spot - it shows itself in similes, metaphors, adjectives, or any words that jump out at you that don’t seem to have purely functional purposes . Here are a couple of examples - the first is Essay, Paul Bogard again: …show that what was a very dark country as recently as the 1950s is now nearly covered with a blanket of light. This example is relatively restrained, using the metaphor of a blanket of light to add emphasis to Bogard's discussion of scales, light pollution. A more striking example can be found in another official SAT essay prompt, adapted from Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech Beyond Vietnam - A Time To Break Silence: Vietnam continued to draw men and skills and money like some demonic destructive suction tube. Vivid language is an effective argument building device because it puts the reader in the author’s shoes and draws them into the passage . If used in on Substance Abuse, moderation, vivid language will also make the topic more interesting for henry david and ralph, the reader to read, thus engaging them further. In the excerpt taken from Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech above, the phrase demonic destructive suction tube is on Substance, startling and david waldo emerson provocative, meant to rouse the audience's indignation at the injustice and waste of the Essay on Vietnam war. If King had left out the second part of the pervasiveness sentence and Essay Abuse only said, Vietnam continued to draw men and skills and money, his point would not have had as big of an impact. Example Type #6: Direct Addresses and Appeals to the Reader. The last category I'll be discussing in this article are direct addresses and appeals to the reader.

These stylistic elements are found across all sorts of different passage topics, although as with the previous category, these elements usually play a larger role when the passage is cite this to me, light on facts or logic. Direct addresses and appeals to the reader are wordings or other stylistic devices specifically designed to provoke a response (often emotional) in Essay Substance, the reader . Media! This category covers many different elements, from appeals to emotion to rhetorical questions. Here's an example of an appeal to emotion, taken again from Martin Luther King, Jr.'s speech: Perhaps a more tragic recognition of reality took place when it became clear to me that the war was doing far more than devastating the Essay on Substance Abuse hopes of the poor at tony fernandes leadership home. Abuse! It was sending their sons and their brothers and their husbands to fight and to die in extraordinarily high proportions relative to the rest of the population. And here's an example of cite this to me, a rhetorical question (from the Paul Bogard article): Who knows what this vision of the night sky might inspire in each of us, in our children or grandchildren? Appealing to the emotions , as Martin Luther King, Jr. Substance Abuse! does in his speech, is an alternate route to persuasion, as it causes readers to emotionally (rather than logically) agree with the author . By describing how the war was causing their sons and their brothers and henry david and ralph emerson their husbands to fight and Essay Abuse die, King reminds the reader of the terrible costs of tony fernandes, war, playing upon their emotions to get them to agree that the Vietnam War is a mistake, particularly for Essay Abuse, the poor. Rhetorical questions , on the other hand, get the readers to step into the author's world.

By reading and thinking about the author's question, the reader engages with the topic on a deeper level than if the reader were just given a statement of what the author thinks . In the case of the Bogard example above, the rhetorical question draws the fernandes reader into thinking about on Abuse his/her descendants, a group of people for whom the reader (presumably) only wishes the best, which then puts the reader into a positive mood (assuming the reader likes his/her descendants). As you can see, these examples of on politics, different argumentative techniques can be extracted from on Substance, a lot of of measurement, different article types for a wide range of topics . This is because the examples themselves are so meaningful and complex that they can be used to discuss a lot of issues. The main point is, you don't have to wait until you see the prompt to Essay on Substance develop an arsenal of types of argument-building techniques you can use to support your points. Instead, preparing beforehand how you’ll discuss these techniques will save you a lot of time and anxiety when the test rolls around . If you're reading this article, you probably want to scales excel on the SAT essay. We've written a bunch of Substance, detailed guides to scales in statistics make sure you do. Took the old SAT and not sure how the new essay compares to the old? Start with our article about what’s changed with the new SAT essay, then investigate the on Abuse SAT essay rubric for further edification. Want to score a perfect SAT score? Check out our guide on how to score a perfect SAT score, written by our resident perfect scorer. How happy would you be with adding an tony leadership style extra 160 SAT points to your score ? If it's a lot, check out our guide to how you should study to improve your SAT score by 160 points:

Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article! Laura graduated magna cum laude from Essay on Substance, Wellesley College with a BA in Music and Psychology, and techaccess pakistan limited earned a Master's degree in Composition from the Essay Abuse Longy School of Music of Bard College. She scored 99 percentile scores on the SAT and GRE and loves advising students on how to excel in high school. You should definitely follow us on social media. Fernandes! You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Essay Abuse! Follow us on all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section:

Series: How to Get to 600 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in tony leadership, a variety of other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the latest articles and test prep tips!

© PrepScholar 2013-2015. Essay On Substance! All rights reserved. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . Cite This To Me! The College Entrance Examination. Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.